Pilates Teacher Training
Learn the Classical Work of Joseph Pilates
Jeanni Chrisman is an authorized teacher trainer for the Pilates Studio Certification course created by Momentum Studios. She conducts several courses a year at Pearl Pilates Studio.
Momentum is a nationally renowned teacher training facility with hundreds of trainees in 30 states and foreign countries including Canada, Australia, England, and Germany. Momentum Studio certifications are designed to meet and maintain the highest industry standards with a vision for the future. Momentum is recognized by the Pilates Method Alliance as a Comprehensive Educational Facility.
This course teaches you to design, teach and modify beginning, intermediate and advanced level classes, integrating small props to add variety and to meet the specific needs of your clients.
In Addition to the General Course Objectives You Will Learn:
- System philosophy and 6 original principles of Joseph Pilates
- The 34 fundamentals that act as building blocks for all Pilates exercises
- All beginning, intermediate and advanced Pilates exercises both on the mat and apparatus
- Client evaluation and program design
- Proper sequencing, modifications, and variations for all exercises
- Group class formats, verbal cueing, tactile cueing, rhythm and pacing
- Postural analysis, contraindications, special populations, faulty movement patterns
- Trainee should be proficient in Pilates to an intermediate level (Level III) having attended at least 25 classes or privates by a certified instructor preferably on both mat and apparatus.
- Trainees should have a working knowledge of basic anatomy.
- 72 contact hrs (12 days, 6 hrs/day)
- The course is divided into 4 segments with a significant break between the first two and last two intensives to allow integration time.
- CEUs for PTs/OTs as well as other disciplines may be available.
- For CECs, attendance is required and certificate of attendance provided.
- For certification purposes, an additional 408 apprenticeship hours are required.
- A Pilates Primer: The Millennium Edition (Return to Life & Your Health) by Joseph Pilates & William J. Miller
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Anatomy of Movement: Exercises by Blandine Calais-Germain
- A Busy Person’s Guide to Easier Movement by Frank Wildman
- Personal workout/review: 53 hrs
- Classes or privates with a certified instructor: 100 hrs
- Observation: 75 hrs
- Practice teaching: 130 hrs
- Assistant teaching: 20 hrs
- Total: 450 hrs (including 72 contact hrs)