Multnomah County has applied to reopen for phase 1 with a target opening date of June 12th. We are so excited to be able to reopen and see all of you back in the studio! Zoom sessions have been surprisingly effective and had some wonderful and unexpected benefits, but nothing beats face to face connection with people. Things will be different for a while and will take some getting used to. I have been teaching in person at the Lake Oswego studio with all of the new requirements and everyone has adjusted quickly and are so happy to be back at it!
- We will be offering Private, Duo and Trio sessions in the studio. The equipment will be rearranged to accommodate more than the recommended 6 feet of distance.
- Mat classes will continue to be offered via Zoom until it is safe for larger groups.
- If you are not ready to return to the studio at this time, your teacher will plan to continue online sessions.
- We will be limiting the number of sessions at a given time to allow for adequate spacing and safety.
- Prior to opening, we will be sanitizing the studios and high touch surfaces. Teachers will also be responsible for sanitizing and cleaning between each session.
- We will also have the studio windows open as often as possible to increase the flow of fresh air.
- We will be reducing the number of sessions taking place at a given time, so there may have to be some changes to your schedule prior to the closure. We appreciate your flexibility while we try to reorganize and accommodate everyone’s schedule.
- Sessions will be 50 minutes, rather than 55, to allow time for transition between sessions with minimal traffic and for the teacher to be able to prepare the studio for the next session.
- We love the interaction between clients and the sense of community, so feel free to catch up with each other outside of the building or in the main lobby before or after your session.
- Please arrive as close to your scheduled time and wait in the main lobby for your session. Your teacher will let you know when they are ready to start the session.
Everyone’s health and safety are our main concern, and if we all work together will be able to make this transition successful. I’m sure it seems like a lot, but my experience at the Lake Oswego studio has shown how adaptable and flexible we all are. It won’t take long to adjust to our new normal and enjoy the Pilates and Gyrotonic systems and equipment, and each other!
Please let me or your teacher know if you have any questions or concerns. I want to thank you all again for the amazing amount of support we have received and we look forward to seeing soon!
Jeanni, Elizabeth, Andrea, Julia, Micah, Emily and Tiffany