PILATES MATWORK CERTIFICATION COURSE
Our comprehensive mat training consists of two training intensives (5 total days) in which you will learn all Pilates Matwork exercises, Levels 1 -5, as well as modifications and variations for each exercise. You will also learn how to use small props to either intensify an exercise or make it easier depending on your client’s need.
This course meets all industry standards for certification purposes. Momentum is a nationally recognized certifying body. This course may be taken for PT/OT CEU’s as well as other disciplines.
- Learn the system philosophy and 6 original principles of Joseph Pilates
- Learn the 34 Fundamentals that act as building blocks for actual Pilates
- Learn all beginning, intermediate and advance Pilates
- Proper sequencing, modifications, and variations for all exercises
- Client evaluation and program design including special populations
- Group Class formats, verbal cueing, tactile cueing, rhythm and pacing
- Use of small props including foam roller, magic circle,
theraband, and fitball
Basic working knowledge of anatomy
Materials can be provided prior to the course for self-study purposes.
Some familiarity with Pilates Matwork
If Pilates classes are not available in your area, we can recommend books or videos for self-study.
- Momentum Pilates Mat training manual included with tuition
- A Pilates Primer: The Millennium Edition (Return to Life & Your Health)
- Anatomy of Movement (Blandine Calais-Germain)
- Recommended: Pilates Mat (not Yoga mat);
fitball, foam roller, theraband, magic circle
- Course materials are available through Momentum with significant trainee discount.
- 30 contact hours (5 days, 6 hours/day)
- Course is divided into two segments to allow integration and practice of initial material.
- For CECs, attendance of all 5 days required. Certificate of attendance provided.
- For certification purposes, an additional 90 apprenticeship hours are required.
- Personal workout/review 30 hours
- Classes or Privates with a certified instructor: 20 hours
- Observation 10 hours
- Practice Teaching 30 hours
- Total 120 hours (including 30 contact hours)
The cost of classes/privates
For certification purposes, all 120 hours must be completed within 1 year from completing Intensive Two.
Course Tuition: $1200 plus materials
$400 non-refundable/non-transferable deposit is due with registration plus materials cost.
$800 due 15 days prior to day one of Intensive One.
- Exam fee is $250 and is scheduled individually by each trainee when ready.
- All 120 apprenticeship hours must be completed before taking the exam.
- Certification Exam may not be taken until a minimum of 3 months after course.
- The certification exam is written, practical, and oral.
- 10 continuing education hours required every two years to maintain certification ($25 recertification fee)